Time sure does fly...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oHippo, Oct 16, 2018.

?

Have you entered the giveaway?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. oHippo

oHippo Community Manager | Administrator
    Administrator

Well well well, what a ride it has been. As you might be able to tell by the name of this thread, today, exactly one year ago, marks the day that I received my T Mod permissions in-game and my career as a staff member took off.

When I first joined the server in on January 10th 2017, I fell in love with Prison instantly. I loved the players, the server and all the unique things that Arcadian's Prison's had to offer. I jumped straight into mining, ranking up and building on my plot. Shown in the spoiler below is a few memories from season 1 of Prisons.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After being approached by Nika39 in-game I was asked if I was interested in applying for staff. After some questions and discussion later, I logged onto my forums account and made my second staff application (my first one was denied). On the same day, I was accepted by Junnk and jumped into things. I applied on October 14th 2017 but only received my perms in-game on the 16th, hence why I'm posting this thread today.
    After reading the hundreds (an exaggeration, dw) of documents that you had to read when becoming a T Mod, I then got used to using Slack and surprising got used to the commands in-game quite quickly too.

Within my first month, I proposed the idea of a Live Support system but at the time not knowing wtf I would do if my idea was liked and accepted. After being informed by @Junnk that there had previously been a Live Support system set up on the forums, he gave me the link and let me set everything back up and get it up and running again. A year on and the team is still going strong currently consisting of these members. I would like to personally thank all of you for all the hard work and dedication you put into the each and every one of your calls. I wouldn't be able to do what I do without you guys.
    <3

On the 15th May 2018, I offered to take over the position as YouTuber applications manager due to @Moonliite's resignation from the staff team. I was given approval to manage the applications and have done so since. I know that some decisions I’ve made haven’t gone down well with the community and I’m deeply sorry if my decision affected you in anyway. We all make mistakes and I guess I’ve made a few in this area.

As not many of you know, I also took up the position of being the Instagram manager on July 16th 2018. Since then I have continued to post content, with the help from @Rachellaa when I went on holiday, and will continue to do so. So look out for some more posts and stories made in the near future! Click here to check out Arcadian's Instagram!

On a side note, @GetClick, @oJamie, @Lwxa, @iiKingAres, @Unavailables, @oSheepy and @Chimps we should all meet up again some time so that we can play some Hypixel like this again:

http://bit.ly/playing-Hypixel-with-a-bunch-of-noobs

I’d also like to thank two extremely important people to me, @NoHaxJustCast and @oJamie, for always lighting up my day and being there for me when I’ve needed it most. I still remember when I introduced myself to you Jamie when I was told I was being your mentor and how much deeper your voice has gotten since then xd. And Cailin, you are my sister from another mother. Without you I honestly don’t know where I’d be so thank you for always being by my side when I needed someone most and happy (late) one year as staff too!

On that note, thank you to everyone else who has been there for me and helped me in one way shape or form. I’m not going to tag everyone as I’ve already DMed all the people that have been there for me so you all know who you are. As this is my 1 year as staff thread I’m going to be doing a giveaway as well as a Q&A so, reply with any questions you have and I’ll make a separate thread towards the end of October with answers to all your questions and to enter the giveaway of $5 ArcCash all you have to do is like this post, follow me on the forums and follow Arcadian on Instagram. The winner for the giveaway will also be announced on the Q&A thread too. Good luck!

- Hippo

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Chimps

Warrior Recruit Trainee Lord

Geegee Hippo!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. oHippo

Administrator

Thank you dude! Btw, I might even be able to play overwatch with you soon!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. SwagifiedPotato

Senior Moderator SkyLord Titan

Congrats Hippo. Thanks for always being there for when I needed help when I first got staff :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. oHippo

Administrator

Thank you! Always happy to help a fellow staff member :)

6. Jamiee

Moderator Sensei Novice Legend

Congrats!, been there with me since my first day :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Adrien

Adrien Active Member

<3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. TheAgeOfDragons

Trial Moderator

I love how you say that yet I've read through those docs in their entirety multiple times and constantly reference them :p

Also gg on 1 year staff.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. oSheepy

Why did i not get notif D:

Welp anyways, congrats on your 1 year hippo, i remember you since prisons s2 haha

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. WeChanDoIt

Phantom Novice

Gg!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. oCast

Senior Moderator SkyLord Warrior Captain

Congrats! Honestly there are not enough words to describe all that we have done and been thru together, whether it be crying or just goofing off. You are always the first person i message, and that will not change anytime soon. P.s. (Dolphins are just gay sharks) ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Exloki

Exloki Former Server Manager

Thanks for a year of hard work and dedication Hippo :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Jack

Deity SkyLord Supreme Enhanced

We appreciate you

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. cookehxd

SkyLord Supreme Paladin

Crap I thought u resigned, but tbh ur one of the best staff members on the team. Congrats hippo!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Milkkyyy

Congrats Hippo! To be honest, I know we aren't that close until a while ago. I started knowing you better when we had that weird conversation from being sick to your dirty bag (that was gross), and to British candy and drinks! I hope that we are able to have more conversations with each other in the future. But anyway despite not being that close with you, I see have hard you work and how passionate you are about arcadian. Keep on working hard and don't let anything/anyone stop you from what you want to achieve! Let's have a great year to 2019! :D <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. oHippo

Administrator

Thank you! You’ve been with me from almost day one :p
    <3

I meant it as an exaggeration but I’ve also read through them quite a few times to make sure they are up-to-date. ;) Thank you for the congrats too!
    I mentioned in the thread why I didn’t tag a crap ton of people, nub. Thank you for the congrats and Prisons season 2 was my favourite season!
    Thank you!
    https://gyazo.com/a6942e9371898ab418adb27875e29eb4 ;)
    My pleasure! Thank you for all the work you do too!
    I appreciate you
    Resign? Pffft. I don’t even know the meaning of the word! Thank you for the kind words Cookie! WE NEED YOUR JOKES BACK! @oSheepy’s just aren't cutting it for us
    That conversation we had was so random lmao. Thank you for those kind words too and I’m sure 2019 will be filled with even more laughter, tears and memories.

17. SimonLoL

Deity SkyLord Novice Paladin

F*cking appreciate everything youve done. Dont care if y'all warn me and I'm only telling the truth.

You do so much work and it goes unrecognised, but when i was on the team working those i couldnt of done it without the help of u and brandy. Youre an inspiration to many younger staff, and a respectable person and role model. Congratulations Hippo on an amazing first year and thank you so far foe your service on Arcadian.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Brandy

Brandy Former Skyblock Manager | Administrator
    Deity Emperor SkyLord Paladin

*warned*

19. Tinkyyy

SkyGod Lord

Thought u were a factions main when u were tmod tho lmao

20. Unavailables

• Friendly Friendly x 1