The Honest Truth.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DoorFrame, Jun 4, 2018.

1. DoorFrame

DoorFrame Well-Known Member

As some of you have already seen, I was removed from my position as a Trial-Moderator as of June 4th (yesterday for me, today for you Americans).

As you can probably tell from the title of this thread, this is my honest and heartfelt thoughts on the matter.
    And here are just a few things to get it right out of the way, so you don't have to read this entire thing:

TL/DR
    Yes, this was planned. I wanted to be demoted.
    No, I wasn't happy as a staff member, and no, I don't consider many of you my friends. I'm pretty fake towards a lot of people and am very finical when it comes to choosing actual, close friends.
    Yes, I did go inactive for reasons other than getting demoted. You'll have to read on.

Unfortunately, since I can't get back to the staff chat where I was communicating with the others, I can't get the most accurate information as to dates.
    Anyways, around the time KeepitG was banned and the staff were quite unreasonable, I decided to confront the higher-ups about it. They took into account what I had said, expelled the idea, so I asked to resign.
    Basically, I didn't want to deal with the immaturity and ignorance of some staff. And as I told the staff, these two qualities are not bad things. It simply means that they either 1) don't share the same personality traits as me or 2) are uneducated in a certain area. This doesn't mean they're bad staff or are stupid. I just didn't want to work with people I couldn't get along with.
    After asking to resign, a staff member, who I respect immensely, basically told me: "wait a week". They were "making changes" and I guess they wanted me to be a part of it.

In all honesty, I begrudgingly went along with it and pretended everything was alright. I had some plans, and I put them into action -- I brought together a group of people who I could trust and who I thought we could make a difference. We, together, made a document. I sent it to the administrators. And lo-and-behold, KeepitG was unbanned, and things were put into motion to get things changed. I could not be prouder of what we did.
    Note: No, I do not take credit for starting "MAGA" but I can notice that some of the things are similar. MAGA is different in itself. I'll talk about that later.
    If you want to read the document we made, here it is: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_DHkhKs_YGtTNm4N8epk73EsuzqXLcN2nwim54Z1IkI/edit?usp=sharing

So, still riding the high of getting something done, and feeling respected, at least a little, by some of the staff (who some didn't even know about this). I asked a head-staff member if keepitG and I could make something that showcased cheats and how to make sure that the person you're spectating is actually cheating. But, despite my efforts, things weren't able to come together. At first, they seemed on-board, but then some complications occurred with a certain developer leaving. Then they never got back to me on the subject.

Then I noticed that, despite getting keepitG unbanned and getting some of the staff educated (like keepitg showing Adrien [love you, bro] some tricks) nothing else really changed. Since they never got back to me on my proposal to resign, I decided I would give it one more shot.

This is where it really got hard, and where the inactivity started. A day before her birthday, one of my closest friends died in the hospital. It was a crushing blow that I am still plagued by to this day. Then, about a week later, I was playing football (soccer, for you Americans) and was hit and my left knee was dislocated. Due to obvious reasons, it took priority. That was just the start.
    As hard as it is to admit openly, April 9th, I attempted and failed an attempt to commit suicide.
    Hardly any of you knew this before now and to those that helped me afterward, I thank you so much. You know who you are. Yes, I am okay now.
    I'd like to shortly address, that if you are depressed. If you are lonely. If you need something, someone, or anything at all: do not hesitate to reach me. I would love to help in some way.

After this, I really wanted to change my attitude on a lot of things. I wanted to spend more time living, not just sitting in my room for hours, playing video games. I wanted to stop being so enveloped by technology that it blinded me from what a truly beautiful world (despite its hardships) we live in.

So I sat down, and I thought. I didn't want to ask again for resignation, just to be denied again, and I didn't want to continue devoting my time to something that was less important to me than it once was. Thus, I became inactive. I lied: I told people I would come back, that I would try more, and that I would go for moderator. And for that, I'm sorry. But just know, that as "awesome" as it may have been for you or even for the server, it was worthless to me.

So if you were wondering, that's why I left.

Now, although I'm probably never gonna leave I just wanted to talk in general about AMC:

MAGA: With the leave of Nika and Niknea and the new ownership of Juunk and Exloki, all I can say is, I'm excited to see this all put into action. I believe Arcadian can become a great server, especially in the hands of you two. I respect both of you a lot and I can't wait to see what other things you'll be adding to AMC.

People: Of course, those of you already know that I love you, but I want to make it public and boast: "These are my friends. These are the people I'm so glad I have in my life."

@jacobfett21 you are the best asshole I've ever met. When you joined the server and we got to talking it's like I met my long-lost brother. You are without a doubt, one of my best friends, despite our differences. Thank you.

@Jakob to be honest, you're the person I aspire most to be like. Your morals and attitude on the world are so clean and wonderful that it's like seeing a light in the darkness. You are one of the few people that I'd trust with everything. Thank you.

@WapTop (Telwrus) you are, without a doubt, one of the weirdest and coolest persons I've ever met. From you constantly topping me in the Rubik's cube to being of high English language stature, you are one of the people I can call and know that I'll click "end" with a smile on my face and a refreshed point of view.

@PhatClouds my favourite memer, and one of my first friends when I came back to AMC after being unbanned (despite a rocky start), I can only use your own words to describe you: "....you were one of the only people I knew who could brighten up my day that much just by a simple discord call." Playing with you always made my day and I have, and always will consider you to be one of the best friends I have ever had.

@Ganked you weird mother @$^&er. You're the "hurdy-gurdy man" and "Major Tom" at the same time and I love it. Your unpredictable stupidity and loveable attitude just made me laugh to the point of tears. "Party on, dude." (In all seriousness, you're such an awesome person and you make my day.)

@Kry, one of the OGs. You were, and are, a great friend. Despite the almost constant joking attitude, I always felt able to approach you. You are my Ban Bro, and I wouldn't trade that for anything.

@ItsWolfayy you are, without a doubt, the closest friend I have ever had on the Internet. Despite the distance between us, I always felt close to you. You understood me and I understood you. I consider you my partner (in regards to both staffing and AMCN). I consider you my brother. Working with you has been, by far, my greatest joy on AMC. The way you talked about the impact I had made by just having you apart of a silly project that I had started brought me to tears and showed me that I can actually do something and I have an effect on people. Your constant commitment and positive attitude are awe-inspiring. If I had to do one job the rest of my life, I'd want you to be my partner.

And of course, @RhythmFrost. I love you so much. You are the best sister anyone could want, and despite us being apart, I always enjoy the close company you provide. I'm sorry for all the goof-ups I've made, but I hope I can always be that "big" brother of yours.

As for the others, although I can't say the same kind things about you, I do consider you friends and I enjoy your company. You probably know who you are if I've talked to you within the past month or so. Some are: Ethan, hippo, Jon, CJ, Pig, Bradin, Andy, Snowminn, Joel, Failinq (even if we are angry at each other, idc, you're still my friend), farman, april, and magen.

I don't think I'll stop playing AMC, but I won't be as on as often as I usually would be. I hope to see you around.
    With that said: #MAGA

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jakob

Jakob Active Member

Oh :( Thank you so much for what you've done for the community Daddy Door! I'd also like to thank you for the kind words and I really appreciate it. HMU sometime bb ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. DoorFrame

OFC man. Love you tons.

4. drqgons

drqgons Well-Known Member

took some time to read it

bye sir

5. WapTop

WapTop Active Member

You have always been a greatest branch of Arcadian, and no way could I have traveled within so deep to this community without your existence. I wish you well in the future, and to the journey you shall encounter. Good luck for no matter how far apart you are from us you will always be considered and remembered.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. GoatPig940

GoatPig940 Well-Known Member

i love u <4

7. FireFall312

Deity SkyLord Novice Paladin

I'm really sad that you got demoted.
    Oh no...
    If you shared us about this before getting demoted, we or at least I could help you.
    Anyway I'm really sorry that you have to go with all this stuff.
    Hopefully you will be still around on ArcadianMC forums and Discord.
    Good Luck in your future!
    Thank you for serving Arcadian.

8. DoorFrame

love you too <3

thanks for the kind words. should be.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Stitchie

Deity Sensei Paladin

Why does everyone on this server want to commit suicide

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. DoorFrame

cause we all play minecraft. did you think we were going to be anything? :'D

11. Charlieesh

SkyLord Recruit

Didn't really talk to you a lot but its nice to hear you're safe after all of that, keep it up man. Take care outside of the internet, hope it works out.

12. DoorFrame

Me too, man. And it's actually going pretty well so far.
    Thanks for the kind words.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Stitchie

Deity Sensei Paladin

Well the main reason i started playing this is because i already wasted my life. And im just entertaining myself now until the inevitably happens. But hopefully not anytime soon.

14. jacobfett21

jacobfett21 Member

love u my ni-

no homo tho

15. bewailings

Trial Moderator Supreme SkyGod

i

#15 bewailings, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Adrien

Adrien Active Member

I have to agree with @DoorFrame What you did towards certain staff members is just wrong, last time I talked to nika, he told me you would get demoted shortly, I don't know why this isn't done yet. You called out people in staff chat, told them to f*** off and other things. You take this as a joke.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. bewailings

Trial Moderator Supreme SkyGod

i

#17 bewailings, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  18. DoorFrame

@bewailings if it makes you feel any better, I have absolutely 0 respect for you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Adrien

Adrien Active Member

@Junnk I apologize in advance for posting staff chat but I feel like it needs to be shown.

Here are a couple examples of berlin's attitude:

Making a staff resign (Yes that staff member resigned an hour after) :

Being very toxic against other staff :
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 4, 2018, Original Post Date: Jun 4, 2018 ---
    I agree with everything, until I got to actually play with keepitg, I thought he was hacking, after playing with him for a bit I understood. I also agree that for example I was not the best staff on kit... Idek how many times I false banned people.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SwagifiedPotato

Moderator SkyLord Titan

I’ve just gained so much more respect for you after reading that. What you’ve done is incredible and you’ll be missed so freaking much.

• Friendly Friendly x 1