The future of the server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gackolpzz, Jun 27, 2019.

?

is this a good idea

1. yes

35.7%
  2. no

64.3%
  1. Gackolpzz

Gackolpzz Talkative Member

so as we all know this server will be not receiving any more updates from now on. i honestly have seen this coming but never thought it would get this bad, the server could have gone on for much longer weren't it for actions taken by the administrative team.

but aside that we cant let this server die, a lot of us have grown up playing this server. niknea should give control of the server to a group of die hard fans, nobody has as much support for the server as the fans of this server do. something even greater can be made if the fans finally get to have full control over the direction of this server.

What is there to lose? you arent going to update the server anyway, why not give it a shot. im sure there are plenty of people capable of running the server and the forums.

if you dont like the first idea then why not try and find a buyer for the server. this server has one of the greatest communities ever and with the right investments this server could easily be a super fun and profitable server.

but one thing is for sure, you have tons of people who dont want to see the server die.

2. Eyad

Eyad Legendary

The "fans" are going to code new stuff? lmao

3. Gackolpzz

Gackolpzz Talkative Member

yes. there are tons of people who have the skill to do so, and if they dont they can still hire one, or just recycle old code.

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. CurryOverMJ

CurryOverMJ Popular

yes we can let the server die... oh wait it already has been dead for MONTHS, no need to

#4 CurryOverMJ, Jun 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  5. Ganked

Ganked Well-Known Member

i am coder man

6. Tinkyyy

SkyGod Lord

Gimme owner

7. AaronCocYT

Phantom Novice Legend Lord

i mean Idk who would want to buy it considering it's dead, if you tried selling it 4, 5 months ago you would be able to get a decent offer maybe. and would these "dIe hArD fAnS" be able to make purchases on keeping sub servers up, sure you love the server and all, but it would be hundreds of $$$ on a monthly or weekly basis I think? I am not really experienced with coding, writing scripts and all that, but I know damn well it's not easy. So would people spend these hard hours on the server without pay (cause you know damn well nobody will be buying anything unless you got your hands on a popular YTer or manage to get players some other way).

I think the best bet is trying to get
    @Exloki
    or
    @Brandy
    to take the server somehow if they're willing to.
    @WeChanDoIt
    knows stuff about coding but I doubt he would do it for fReE
    @Ganked
    could be a good manager cause he actually knows what people want and would be committed damn well.

The thing is, how would they get the money and players?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 29, 2019, Original Post Date: Jun 29, 2019 ---
    Oh plus, how are you going to just trust some fans? I'd rather somebody that actually knows how to manage a server. The die hard fans can be there for moral support and make server suggestions on forums.

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. TheAgeOfDragons

Paladin

Like the server is fully dead. Legit the only way to bring it back is if niknea wanted to get a dev and bring back a ton if old people and have them all agree but there is just no way that is happening. Arcadian's level of problems leading up to it's closing was absolutely insane like the server was lucky to make it as far as it did.

9. AaronCocYT

Phantom Novice Legend Lord

More like 3 devs and the somewhat bigger Youtubers in the Minecraft community.

10. Nika39

Nika39 Server Founder
    SkyLord

You find me someone can code and we will talk about the rest.

• Like Like x 3
  11. CurryOverMJ

CurryOverMJ Popular

I dont understand why people would want to put their energy into this server considering it would be VERY hard to "bring old players back." If people were good with coding why not just use that ability to make games, videos, or a website, or even YOUR OWN server? I dont see any point in bringing this back it will do nothing.

12. Ganked

Ganked Well-Known Member

people want their old favorite server back, its just like people want old minehq and kohi back just let them dream

13. Hero

SkyGod

hm.. interesting

14. Brandy

Brandy Former Skyblock Manager | Administrator
    Deity Emperor SkyLord Paladin

Sorry mate, no chance for me to take it. I'm already busy at another server and am a full-time university student. Loki already tried his best with the server, and it ran well while he had the time, but he is also working on other projects that I'm pretty sure you know about. No one will run Arcadian for free, as the amount of time to be an Admin, let alone a server manager, is extremely taxing; the fact Arcadian got so many people to commit time to do Administration work for free (Jade, Me, Jamie, Moonliite, Swag, Hippo, pretty sure Jump worked a while for free too) is insane. As much as it was about the work we put in, it showed more about the Management and Development team that ran Arcadian (Jay, Rachel, Loki, Krish, Showbiz, Josh) and the fact that they showed so much compassion and desire to keep the server running the best they could.

Unfortunately, in this day and age, the likelihood that Arcadian will get another life under this ownership is slim. MAYBE Nika could find a manager and a dev team to pull out something miraculous and maybe they can rebrand the server and MAYBE they can rekindle the fire that once was Arcadian in it's prime. But as each day passes, the dust settles a little harder and the chances of a revival grow slimmer

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. TyTheOwl

TyTheOwl Ex-Staff
    Deity SkyLord Paladin

@ItsAlfie

16. Jumpahh

Jumpahh Retired Administrator

For those who keep going on about selling..

Arcadian is one of Niknea's first projects and it was a damn good one if you ask me. Niknea has said himself that because it was his first project, Arcadian will not be sold.

To sell on a server to another owner to have them potentially do nothing with the name is much worse than Nika leaving it open until there is literally 0 players left. He said so himself that it will be open as long as there is 1 player.

Arcadian is a close community and although development was stopped, you guys have all the chances to continue playing the current available game modes.

I'm pretty sure Nika would love to see it booming again and if you're a developer reading this or an upcoming developer learning then give him a PM and see what is said!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. ItsAlfie

ItsAlfie Well-known Member
    Trainee Paladin

At your service.

18. TyTheOwl

TyTheOwl Ex-Staff
    Deity SkyLord Paladin

@Nika39 - This, at the least, is probably worth a go. Alfie talks about Arcadian a lot, and wanting to work for the server and do his best, what's the worst that can happen? He's been committed to learning this stuff over the past months.

19. WeChanDoIt

Phantom Novice Miner

Why was I tagged

20. CJGangsta

Deity SkyLord Phantom Supreme Paladin Captain

is your pfp like an american flag pokemon or something

• Useful Useful x 1