#MAGA So why isn't Arcadian great yet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Exloki, May 17, 2018.

1. Exloki

Exloki Server Manager
    Manager

Hey Arcadians - just a heads up, this is gonna be a long one,

So a little under 2 weeks ago I made my forum announcement, and started the movement to #MakeArcadianGreatAgain. There has been an extremely positive response from the community about this, and I'm so grateful for the outpouring of support for Arcadian - the only reason why I even accepted Nika39's offer to take over Arcadian was because I know how great the community is here, and I know how desperately all of you want Arcadian to be shown the love it deserves from management.

So what's happened so far? Well, to be perfectly honest with you, not as much as I had hoped - but that's for a number of reasons, and as I'll discuss further on, the pace of change should be much faster from here on.

The first reason for my delay in turning words into action has been due to a lot of confusion and miscommunication regarding the handover of information - as you may or may not know, servers have a lot of intricacies involved, and there's a lot more to running a server than initially meets the eye; Junnk and I had some initial difficulty getting everything we needed to run Arcadian ourselves, and although we still don't quite have everything we should have enough to start making the changes we want.

The second reason is simply me - I've been extremely busy for the last week or so as my other jobs were demanding 12+ hours a day from me, and after finishing up everything there I didn't have the energy to come back and do 6 more hours for Arcadian as well. I'm the only developer & technical manager for Arcadian so when my schedule is full, unfortunately Arcadian's schedule can't progress very much.

That being said, I have still made changes since May 2nd that most of you probably won't notice, but will make my life and staff lives 10x easier in the long run. My first immediate goal for Arcadian was to clean up the ungodly amount of console error spam that all the servers were experiencing and fix our key backend systems that everything else relied on - these systems were responsible for everything from staff chat. to buycraft command dispatching, to rank synchronisation, and I can proudly say that our newly implemented system has so far proven to be 100% effective, with no data loss; so I no longer need to fret over whether things are actually happening as expected when I send off commands.

I also did a small revamp of the lobbies & gave the MOTD (the message in the server list) a fresh new look which looks entire worlds better than what we had before (in my opinion at least); as well as quickly moving to address the fate of the Factions, Crystal Wars, and Creative servers.

That's good and all, but what about the future? When will we start seeing big changes?

That's probably the question on everyone's mind right now - when will we start seeing big changes? As I've already said in a few places, my first plan of action is to get a Prison server update out before the end of May to give Prison players something to actually login to Prison for; that's still the plan, and we are developing content for that update already. After the Prison update I plan to move on to server resets with an SBOG reset planned in the first half of June (hopefully), followed by either a KitPvP update, Prison reset, or KitPvP server reset depending on which the community wants to see first.

Like I said before, I'm the only person capable of creating content for Arcadian right now and I also work 50+ hours every week for other companies - so my schedule is tight, but I'm by no means throwing in the towel or trying to set the stage for another "oh sorry we didn't do anything yet" post; I am committed to making Arcadian great again, and I will do my absolute best to put as much of my time into it as I possibly can.

Thank you all for your continued patience, and I hope you're all as excited as I am for this summer - it's time to finally #MakeArcadianGreatAgain.

- Exloki

• Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. mpkk

Emperor

3. greekmythguy

Discord Staff

hype as always, looking forward to seeing how everything unfolds and doing what I can to assist

4. mpkk

Emperor

5. Moonliite

Moonliite Retired Administrator
    Deity SkyLord Novice Enhanced

I think one of the best things about this was making a prefix for the thread called #MAGA.

Anyways though, nice to hear an update :)

6. Tanner

Phantom

Please consider an anticheat

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. usefulLynx65084

Trainee

Lets make #MakeArcadianGreatAgain

8. Al3_Dark_Wolf

Phantom

BOI.
    you've been doin work!
    i'm just as always gonna lurk around the forums and poke some stuff OuO
    either way i'm happy arcadian won't die anytime soon!

9. hippogaming29

Senior Moderator SkyLord Paladin

Thank you for the update!

10. Jon

Jon
    Deity Emperor SkyLord Paladin

i think that the "maga hype train" got a little down, people were expecting updates and stuff but nah, just bug fixes and some lobby changes, anyways, I'm hyped

11. xRevival

Senior Moderator Deity Emperor SkyLord Paladin

12. Piot

Piot Member

13. __Pikachu

Moderator Phantom

HYPE!!!! The resets are going to be sooo amazing because you are planning them as soon as I get out of school. I cannot wait to see what will unfold! Thanks Loki :)

and #MAGA

14. ITz_Gappler

Deity SkyLord Novice Paladin

I'm looking forward to it :D

15. Jamiee_

Moderator Sensei Novice Legend

Cant wait for these updates! :D
    #MAGA

16. CJGangsta

Moderator Deity SkyLord Ninja Paladin Captain

17. Terns

Deity Emperor SkyLord Phantom Paladin

18. Tinkyyy

SkyGod

19. SwagifiedPotato

Moderator SkyLord Titan

Hype!!! #MAGA :D

These all have to be changed before big updates can be put out ;P

20. xMdb

Phantom SkyGod

#MAGA!! Thank you for keeping us updated with what is happening on Arcadian, no-one else would have done that.