Should Staff Application Voting Be Reevaluated?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oGappler, Jul 12, 2018.

?

Should The Voting System Be Changed?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. oGappler

Deity SkyLord Novice Paladin

Earlier today, I was notified that someone had given my staff application a negative rating. I wanted to gain an understanding of why he disliked the application and he responded with "Idk"...

[​IMG]

I know that some people have legitimate reasons to vote negatively, but some people just vote because they feel like it and this doesn't give the player a good reputation. I think the staff team should adjust the current voting system by adding a section that requires the voter to explain why they choose to give the staff application that rating.

#1 oGappler, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. xreii

Moderator SkyLord

ss is broken ;c

3. Charlie

Deity SkyLord Recruit Paladin

Since the current voting system hides the votes from public eye on who chose what, I think if this happens it should follow that aswell. It would be a good idea to find out the reasoning rather than just looking at the +1/-1's alone. (':

The reason to keep it private would be to avoid witch hunting just because someone voted against you and lets be honest, some people are immature enough to do that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. oGappler

It should show up now

5. IceyMatt

SkyGod

I agree, I feel like people are negatively rating applications because they don't like the player or just feel like giving it a bad rating. It's just like youtube videos having thousands of dislikes, not everyone actually hated the video, but there's still tons of dislikes. Unless they are only denying due to a huge disproportion of ratings, then it should be fine, showing that in general that player is not wanted, but someone people just dont like you or have nothing better to do than giving you a bad rating, and there's no way to know if their rating is legitimate or a troll.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. greekmythguy

Discord Staff

It would be a good idea if the community was mature but that obviously is not the case

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Dane

Discord Staff

You can’t expect to always get positive ratings, there will always people who will not like you, and others like this one who like to just negatively rate for no reason.

At this point in the servers lifespan we have a big influx of players who really don’t understand how to be mature / feel like it’s funny to do these kinds of things without thought on the affect it has on others. You can tell if you log onto any of the servers (primarly Kitpvp) that players really don’t care for you or your rep.

I like the idea of seeing your feedback on applications, however it shouldn’t be a determining factor if the ratio is similar to each other.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. oGappler

I agree with a majority of this, but I would like you to know that the reason I made this wasn't to complain about the negative feedback. It was made to spread awareness of the fact that some people don't know how to maturely share their opinions with some sort of reasoning behind their actions.

9. Frequency

Emperor SkyLord Captain

You’re always bound to get negative ratings, regardless of the feature you’re trying to implement to stop that. I like the idea you’re introducing, nonetheless.

10. oGappler

The reason I asked him why he gave me the negative feedback was to gain an understanding of what he disliked about the application or about me.

11. FlashAura

FlashAura Active Member

I just made an application, and all of you should check it out! It's probably the best app you'll ever read.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. drqgons

drqgons Well-Known Member

ha you're funny but i beat you to it with the troll application.

13. Jacobxo

Jacobxo Active Member

Would love to see this implemented, but everything should remain anonymous; however with that there will then be the concern of lies and deceit among what the anonymous users say. I still think this system would work more smoothly in the end though.

• Like Like x 1
  14. IceyMatt

SkyGod

It's fine if people don't like you, but if their ratings are negatively affecting your chance at becoming a staff member, despite whether or not you are a good person and would make a good staff member, it shouldn't be allowed. Say you would be a perfect addition to the staff team, but someone got some friends to flood their ratings with disagrees, showing that "the majority does not want them", then it wouldn't be fair. Unless these ratings are not being used towards your chance of being accepted, it should be modified.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 12, 2018, Original Post Date: Jul 12, 2018 ---
    I think it would be good if you had a little comment box when rating and adding a comment about why you rated it the way you did. The owner of the post and staff should be able to see this message. Just a suggestion

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dane

Discord Staff

Yes, however I did say that if the ratio is similar, say 15:13 it should not be a deciding factor for a denial.

Additionally, I do think it would be cool to have a comment box for the ratings, however I'm absolutely sure not a single person would use this, because half of the people here are either young, childish, or don't know why they link / dislike you enough to give you criticism.

16. Jacobxo

Jacobxo Active Member

Preach

17. IceyMatt

SkyGod

The comment box would decide which votes will be used and which won't. Say someone got alt accounts and spammed dislikes, but they didn't prove a good point in their rating, it wouldn't be held against the application.

18. Dane

Discord Staff

Yes, however again most people would probably not spend the time typing their reason behind it even if they were giving their honest opinion.

19. IceyMatt

SkyGod

I see what you mean.

20. Jakob

SkyLord