IOTW Needs More Hype

Discussion in 'Skyblock Server' started by rebuffed_, Apr 18, 2019.

1. rebuffed_

Phantom

Honestly I think that IOTW is kinda dead and that it need 100% more hype. It should be more important than it is. The IOTW winners heads in the hall aren't even updated.

2. Stitchie2

Stitchie2 Well-Known Member

literally nobody cares if you build a fancy island

3. AaronCocYT

Phantom Novice Legend Lord

I agree with you.
    I think for starters it shouldn't be a weekly thing, so whenever the IOTW is announced it feels more special and rewarding.

Since a Skyblock season usually lasts around 5 - 6 months I was thinking two things, one winner every month, I know people might think it will take too long to pick a new winner but it would feel like much more of an honor, right, being a winner of this somewhat rarely occurring competition, in which there would be only 5 or 6 winners by the end of the season.

Another possiblity is a winner every 2 weeks, so that would be 10 - 12 winners by the end of the month, it would still feel like more of an honor than every week, and you wouldn't have to wait too long, and people are probably done building on their islands at this time.

Another thing is the prizes. Since the server is P2W, people get rich and op fast, so this might be, or might not be hard to figure out
    Some ideas are:

-A fortune pickaxe 1 or 2 fortunes higher than the normal (So basically, if the highest fortune on a pickaxe was 5 for example, it would be a fortune 6 or 7) (Also, ignore this idea if smelting pickaxes are still going to be here next season)

-A small/medium/large (sizes can be chosen by a higher up) emerald plot mine that resets every week or two. So this is from Prisons if you didn't know, but this could give a boost to is top.

Y'know, stuff like this. I think an admin item, and a certain amount of gems or money money should come with it still.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 18, 2019, Original Post Date: Apr 18, 2019 ---
    These things should be guaranteed for the winner for the winner atleast:

An admin item that has "IOTW Week #(1,2,3,4,5,6) Winner" stated on it.

A certain amount of money and/or gems

-A legendary or rare crate key

-A "big prize"
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 18, 2019 ---
    If my ideas were confusing just ask me questions.

4. GoatPig940

GoatPig940 Legendary

I’m fine with it being every month, maybe even longer.

Rewards-
    1 Admin item, 4x 250k notes, 1 Rare key

- An island can only win once a season
    - reason for the rare key is because that majority of the time the islands usually aren’t absolutely amazing builds. There’s no reason a person with a ‘ decent ‘ build should get a free lege key

Also it would have to be renamed to IOTM

5. AaronCocYT

Phantom Novice Legend Lord

Much people wouldn't care for those rewards though, especially if it occurs only once a month.

Also, if the big rewards I posted get added, I think it should get locked so only the owner of the item and the current island members can place the mine, and use the pick.

6. Ganked

Ganked Well-Known Member

i say, just build an island 4head

7. Jamie

Jamie Retired Administrator

The heads were removed, I'll add them all back later. And with IOTW I'll be starting again. Was having issues seeing updated submissions, sorry :|

8. rebuffed_

Phantom

Ik but its rewarding
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 25, 2019, Original Post Date: Apr 25, 2019 ---
    Your awesome :D I hope it's up and running soon!