Here's the reasoning behind my resignation.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ItsWolfayy, Jun 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItsWolfayy

Deity SkyLord Novice Paladin

Quote from Arcadian Newspaper XXVI by @AMCNewspaper

Quote from ItsWolfayy | Moderator by @Exloki

[​IMG]
    Firstly, a bit of a background about me:
    Hi, my name is ItsWolfayy (commonly known as "Wolfie"), and I have been a player on ArcadianMC for almost two years now. When I joined I met my first staff member @KyleShadowRider, and he gave was an inspiration to become staff on the server to me. I have applied a total of 5 times, have been staff for almost 10 months in total.

- One was denied because they weren't looking for staff at that point
    - One was denied because I didn't have a working microphone

- Accepted because I had fixed my issue, date of action: March 26, 2017
    I was told to maintain a high level of standards throughout ArcadianMC and value all of their rules.

- Resigned and became staff again, date of action: June 10, 2017
    When I got demoted, I was demoted for pretending to trick a staff member in thinking a player could see all their chat commands and see when they were in spectator. So I was demoted. I was told that I should never try to reapply again, as I would be instantly denied. Oh, boy were they wrong.

- Demoted and then in December I applied and was accepted again, date of action: December 8, 2017
    Here we are now, and here is the reason why I left.

Reason 1 - Time
    As many of you may have seen, I was taking breaks for lengthy times and never really hopped on the server. As a Moderator, we were expected at least 15 hours a week on the server to remain in our position, later it was voted upon to say we only had to get on minimum 4-5 hours every week. Although the time was reduced, end of semester exams was coming up and I needed to pass - playing games wasn't an option anymore.

Reason 2 - Welcoming
    Whenever you join/rejoin the staff team, you'll usually be greeted by a bunch of friendly people saying "Welcome!" and giving you a good feeling into being a staff member. This wasn't really the case for me. When I joined I was instantly assigned someone to be my mentor, a welcome, and EnvyusPug saying "So does this mean you'll stop being toxic to me in-game?". This really didn't make me feel welcome, so I stayed away from anyone to only talked to a select few.

I also didn't feel respected and wanted on the staff team.

Reason 3 - Work
    I began doing job searches. I needed to clean up my schedule thus meaning I needed to adjust the time I had to play games. This means I had no time for games.

Reason 4 - Toxicity
    Despite what I have said in the past about other staff members. I was getting DMs in Slack (the platform staff uses to communicate) that were disrespectful, hurtful and I didn't want to surround myself with those people. I would take screenshots and said to higher-ups, expecting a response but nothing had happened.

I destroy my reputation every time I leave and rejoin the staff team, so this decision was final. I am truly sorry to anyone and all who loved me and liked me being staff, but at least someone can replace me in the future. Now for some mentions of staff members:

@Nika39
    We talked occasionally, and you were a great person, nice and relaxed. Thanks for creating this wonderful server and forming it into what it is today. I can't express my gratitude for you and just how thankful I am to be an ex-staff member on your server.

@Exloki
    There was a constant meme between us all staff members, saying to never tag you but you can't deactivate me now! Jokes aside, thank you for returning to Arcadian. I have full hope in #MAGA and I firmly believe you can make the server alive once again.

@Junnk
    We talked daily. Thank you for being there for me. You gave me work to do to keep me interested and I would always make another document for something already made. Also, thank you for putting up with my shenanigans every day when I would say "goodnight" and you would always respond with "goodnight dude!"

@Krish
    I like the way you develop, even though Exloki is better.
    You're an amazing guy, and a friend I will never forget. Thank you for everything.

@Brandy
    Holy sh*t where do I start?! I feel so lucky to have met someone like you and actually be able to talk to you every day about anything I had on my mind. You listened and displayed qualities that others didn't. You let me work on the SkyblockOG reset with you and took all my ideas into account. You were the best Australian red-head I'll ever meet. Thank you for being here, for me, for Arcadian.

@NoHaxJustCast
    A great staff member, and a great person to talk to. Thank you for being so kind to me. I will miss you a lot.

@xRevival
    I am Groot.

@hippogaming29
    I have an unpopular opinion about you. I have gained so much respect for you over the last months, and I value you a lot. You are an important asset to the staff team, and I can totally see you "wearing" the colours of an Administrator. Thank you hippo.

@TheDerpyCookieHP
    Noob cookie. Haha, you are a great person to have around and everyone lights up with happiness when you talk to them. Thanks for everything cookie.

@RYRYND
    WOAH MAN! You are a great person. Helpful, inspiring, respectful and let me tell you something, I respect you more than anyone else here. Thank you for being everything to me on the team, you ham roll. You had really shaped my personality on that team and I can be nothing but greatful for it. Thank you man for everything you've done.

#1 ItsWolfayy, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    • Friendly Friendly x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Jon

Jon
    Moderator Deity Emperor SkyLord Paladin

First

But y me no there

3. NoHaxJustCast

Senior Moderator SkyLord Warrior Captain

Wolfayy it's sad to see you go. I enjoyed the banter we had back and forth. You are a very fun person to talk to (don't lose that). I will always be here even tho I didn't talk to you much I will truly miss you on the staff team as you always were bringing smiles to my face.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. FireFall312

Wow no tag...

Anyway,
    I'm really sad that you resigned.
    You were one of the best staff member, I ever met. I was just waiting to say #Wolf4SrMod but you resign :(
    Hopefully you will stay with Arcadian.
    Good Luck for your future.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Tinkyyy

SkyGod

Idk why anyone would be toxic towards you, anytime I spoke to you you were so nice and genuine, you leaving is a massive blow to the staff team.
    Also why did they make it minimum 4-5 hours lol? If you have exams you should be allowed like a months excuses for not meeting your online hours. But 4-5 hours is nothing, no wonder people always complain that there’s no staff on.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Jon

Jon
    Moderator Deity Emperor SkyLord Paladin

btw ily

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Takee24

Deity Emperor SkyLord Paladin

bRo ) :

u were a great staff member and is an awesome friend. i remember your random messages in slack lUl. gl with exams and stuff and get a good job to earn that cAsh

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. RektByLag

Supreme Paladin

Send me there names on the downlow and I'll roast tf out of them

Ly bb

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. ItsWolfayy

u got a discord?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 30, 2018, Original Post Date: Jun 30, 2018 ---
    Thank you all for the kind words. I love you all. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Hupai

Hupai Member

i loaf u

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. DanielMineRoyali

Phantom

lol

12. RektByLag

Supreme Paladin

Considered#5798

• Like Like x 1
  13. DanielMineRoyali

Phantom

Ur such a good friend

14. CJGangsta

Deity SkyLord Ninja Paladin Captain

tf.. why would anyone be toxic to you? You were so nice, fun, and a very good friend. Mind messaging me the names of the people as well; CJ#8492.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Rachellaa

Administrator

Not once had you message me about staff behaving like this, nor have I heard anything like this from any of the other admins. You know that we wouldn't tolerate any staff member behaving like that on the staff team so we'd take action if it was mentioned.

We understood that staff had exams and many staff messaged me saying they were busy with exams so they couldn't be as active during that time - which was completely okay and we waited for their return afterwards. 4-5 hours a week is one hour a day on a weekday - we asked for this minimum which is barely any time so should be easy to do.

That being said, we respect your decision and we're sorry to see you go - best of luck in the future~

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Stitchie

Deity Sensei Paladin

Lol sure i reported tons of staff members for toxicity and stuff like this and nothing happened. Literally nothing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Kenneth

Kenneth Well-Known Member

: (

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Winxify

SkyGod

im honestly mad i wasnt mentioned.
    going to miss u wolffayy

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. xRevival