Arcadian in general

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by r_andyy, Nov 13, 2018.

?

Is Arcadian still fun?

1. Yes

23.1%
  2. A little

42.3%
  3. No

34.6%
  1. r_andyy

r_andyy Member

I dont know if anyone else can relate (to people thats been playing for a long time) but Arcadian just isn't fun anymore, I was hype for the kit reset but once it came minecraft in general just became boring. I'm just wondering if anyone can relate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. TheAgeOfDragons

Trial Moderator

I believe Arcadian is still fun and enjoyable. It may be less enjoyable with the lower player counts on kit and such but for things like skyblock and prisons there is a lot you can enjoy at all times.

3. oHippo

oHippo Community Manager | Administrator
    Administrator

Maybe you're just bored of Minecraft ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. justlol

Deity SkyLord Paladin

I can relate on being excited for the reset. Once it was released, didn’t see much of a change, kinda wish it wasn’t released. There were barely any changes, kits rankups, no difference. Stomper still there. I prefer to have custom than stomper.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. GoatPig940

GoatPig940 Well-Known Member

It's not even the low player counts. Sure, that may ruin some of the enjoyment, but the gamemode in itself is completely ruined by unbalanced kits and incapable staff who can't ban cheaters.

Enjoyable for new players. I've played 6 seasons of skyblock, and at this point, it's not fun. With the lack of updates being put out, skyblock has little to no players and for players who have played for such a long time, there is nothing to achieve and nothing new that they haven't already done. For prisons, although I don't personally like it, I can say that for the long time players, there isn't much they can do, as mining blocks for hours at a time for multiple seasons would most likely get old.

Maybe. Maybe he is bored of Minecraft, but realistically, the server is undeniably in a worse state when it comes to enjoyment than it was in the past. Maybe all those players who quit and said the server wasn't enjoyable anymore was just their loss of interest in Minecraft. Maybe. The only thing is, majority of players who leave Arcadian end up playing other servers.

The server is fun, just not for a lot of the players. It's quite obvious it isn't as fun, as the decrease in the player base is a clear example.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. TheAgeOfDragons

Trial Moderator

For balancing that is extremely hard to have proper with such a wide variety of kits and staff ban as much as we can but we simply cannot be on 24/7.
    If you get bored of the gamemodes I can't really help you there but I know for prisons at least updates are being constantly discussed (I don't work on skyblock so I can't give any input there). Also prison players do more than just mining, mining simply determines how high up on the server you are compared to others normally not really your overall enjoyment.

7. greekmythguy

Discord Manager

need 1.14

8. Charlie

Deity SkyLord Recruit Paladin

Some, a lot of other people just play other servers now though lol.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 14, 2018, Original Post Date: Nov 14, 2018 ---
    Oh and also it was pretty boring on the first day if honest, the reset looked good n such but then people noticed there were no new kits and crates were the EXACT same as they were before. The kits got changed, thats great n all but yea idk man. Personally I'm just bored of PvP now.

9. GoatPig940

GoatPig940 Well-Known Member

Yes, but some kits are very clearly more powerful than others by a long shot.

If someone is cheating, the player should not be able to fly around the server for 10 minutes until they are finally banned. Once the cheater is banned, the server is clear ! The staff member then leaves the sub-server or leaves the server as if everything is fixed ! The only problem is, for some reason staff members are unable to realize that if they ban a cheater, they are going to come back on alts continuously.

I was using myself as an example. Any player that has played Arcadian for an extended period of time is most likely already bored of Arcadian and what it offers. The same thing implies to prisons. It doesn't matter how much the player can do, they are going to run out of options eventually.

10. TheAgeOfDragons

Trial Moderator

For the sub-server thing we can't be expected to be on kit every time one hacker comes on and not all of them are going to hop on alts. If it is obvious they coming on alts then we will stay but other people could need us. If players use things like /report then we can know if someone is cheating no matter what sub server we are on. Also it is normally pretty obvious to us when someone is blatently cheating even without being on the sub server. We already have to give a lot of attention to kit and we will continue to but we need to hop on other sub servers as well.

11. r_andyy

r_andyy Member

Its not even the low player count i used to love logging on everyday with like 12 people and just have fun but how mods get permission to ban players and have something to do they decide not to do it there would legit be a guy bhopping everywhere and no mod does anything I would sos use /report even personally message them on discord or in game and nothing is being done, there was a time I was pvping on an alt and got banned before some guy that was using killaura, not only that there are mods cheating on their mains and alts and nothing is being done about it cause no one knows what hacks are. I could go on and on about why this server is so messed up but id rather not.

12. Talsaa

Trial Moderator Deity Paladin

i think it recently has been improving a little but it might just be me

13. Milkkyyy

If a staff member is on and they are NOT responding, watching/in aspec, banning ANY hackers please message a higher up and they will take care of it. And as dragons say, we can't always be on 24/7 we have school, restrictions from family, etc. And If anyone EVER have any issues/problems with me (idk if I have problems with anyone since I can be oblivious sometimes) directly message me (you might not get a quick response) and I'll talk it out with you. :D

14. CurryOverMJ

CurryOverMJ Member

Personally call me crazy but I actually believe in this new staff team and that arcadian will make huge improvements

15. Milkkyyy

Ok hi crazy nice to meet you! And I'm not sure, we will see. ;) :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. WeChanDoIt

Phantom Novice

Ur not crazy you're insane...

• Agree Agree x 1