An honest depiction of the current staff team

Discussion in 'Global Discussion' started by TheAgeOfDragons, May 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soyal

Hero

there were many people that have been in the staff team for a long period of time, but the amount of work they’ve placed on the server is vivid. Such as, sheep.. when he was first promoted to senior mod, he never met the requirements, the longer you’ve been staff, the higher the chance of a rankup. Obviously it isn’t the case with dragons.

Back to sheepers, immature like cray.

Yo sheepers, do you recall what you did? Disguise as Justin and road on me (npc). remember how disturbing that felt. It was obvious you weren’t ready for senior mod, but you were promoted likewise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. TyTheOwl

TyTheOwl Ex-Staff
    Deity SkyLord Paladin

I don't understand why you be like i couldn't post it when i was staff. for a start, if ur scared about demotion for it u should have msged mikey, mikey isnt a pus pus and wouldn't demote you for giving ur opinion to him. doubt the other admins would either but I know mikey best, soooo yah
    --- Double Post Merged, May 3, 2019, Original Post Date: May 3, 2019 ---
    its ok sheep thought it was cool for him to try telling showbiz what to do, funny lul

• Like Like x 2
  3. Soyal

Hero

“due to causing conflicts and issues when it comes to working with other staff members on multiple occasions.”

It’s hard to work with staff members that don’t care

ヘ(´o`)ヘ

Pretty sure whenever staff try to bring up kitpvp reset/update, gets pardon, multiple times. If you had worked on clans or kitpvp, again.. you might gain some players, those 2 are the best outta the rest of the server.

Also to add to Stitchie, staff team is desperate for staff, and for a while now too.

- Ragge applies
    - Hard work has been placed upon server reset.
    - gets promoted within a month of promotion to Tmod.

Others have worked harder, not even a doggy praise is given. Staff think too highly of themselves, and what hate they get, is placed upon someone else, who has legitimately done nothing wrong.

- Rev advertised archon a few months back on Skyblocks, tries to get pika to resign.
    - Few months have passed, was promoted to Moderator.

- Prisons reset
    - Sb dies
    - Prisons reset
    - Starts working on those 2 again.
    - forgets about kitpvp, even though it had died.
    - Still working on the other 2.

4. TheAgeOfDragons

Paladin

Season 4 and season 5 were both terribly organized for an extremely disorganized reset wise. Both seasons had at least 1 feature rushed out for reset. Also the point of this thread is to show the overall problems with the staff team and why I think in it's current state it's not worth joining not to try to avoid blame or something like that.
    Actually I stated my opinion once and was nearly demoted before so you can be demoted for having an opinion (was confirmed to me by someone else)
    --- Double Post Merged, May 3, 2019 ---
    As I've stated before I would have had full on docs to help explain things that would have been done the day of me getting notified of my demotion or the day after (depending on how long it would take to make it). This was mentioned to the admins and I mentioned it in this thread and if you still need proof then go to rev who was litterally told this before anyone else on how long it should take me. Those docs will not be coming now though as I've been told to simply not work on the server anymore by the overwhelming majority of people.

5. SimonLoL

Deity SkyLord Novice Paladin

just doing this for extra posts, cause yall r still beefing over a block game forum page

• Useful Useful x 2
  6. FrenchSheep

FrenchSheep Ex-Staff

Again, I apologized to you. I didn’t think it would be disturbing for you as it wasn’t for the others I did this.
    I apologized multiple times and you never accepted it, which is okay, you can not accept my apology. But you repeated this event multiple times acting as if I didn’t apologized to you.

You were a tmod, you don’t see much of what higher staff do, since you don’t have access to most chats.

7. Jamie

Jamie Retired Administrator

I dont understand why just because you got demoted you think you're the victim, you also start arguments within the staff team, talking trash about staff behind their backs and promotions, you were salty that ragge got promoted pretty fast and yeah he 100% deserved it. accusing a tmod of abusing, being stubborn, ONLY TESTING MANA FOR PRISON RESET, nothing else. Sbd no you're complaining it was bad??? Just because mana is a good idea doesnt mean you can sit up their on your high horse, I can back this all up with screenshots. The update went yell, prison staff know how to work as a team and do a good reset when all of it is organized and thought out. Season 5 reset went well, organization was good but wasn't the best at time. Everyone knew what they had to do.

With your ideas you kept that away to yourself, maybe putting some in the channel and it would create a discussion, even with mana you dudnt let anyone but your self work on it. You call that teamwork? You even had it as Mana Manager.

Us admins gave you multiple warnings of your attitude and behavior, when we did you were fine for a week to two. After that you went back go normal, being the miserable, stubborn person you are.

That first "demotion" warning should've been enough to stop you from being stubborn and working as a team like everyone else did, I can also provide screenshots. Its a priority to start organizing the server so we started with the staff team.

With your ideas, you kept that away to yourself, maybe putting some in the channel and it would create a discussion, even with mana you didn't let anyone but your self work on it. You call that teamwork? You even had it as Mana Manager.

You were to stubborn to listen to others opinions, i can back this all up. You thought that if the idea wasn't good or someone didn't have the best of knowledge of prisons like you, their opinion was invalid. that's how arguments started, even over pathetic things.

8. _knav

Ninja Supreme

I’m not aware of most of the drama that goes on in the staff team, as I was only staff for about a month. But I’m fairly certain that there’s no one side at fault in most of these situations - I’ve seen some corrupt ideologies being used by staff members with high power but they could keep acting the way they do with no punishment based on who they are. A couple months ago I reported something I saw to Nika thinking that it would be taken care of but nothing happened as far as I’m aware. Not saying staff are completely at fault either - many players are the ones creating the drama in the first place. I strongly believe that players, staff, and idea contributors should gain more common ground considering some of the “high authority” ideas can get in the way of creating a healthy environment that anyone would want to be in.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. TheAgeOfDragons

Paladin

With your ideas, you kept that away to yourself, maybe putting some in the channel and it would create a discussion, even with mana you didn't let anyone but your self work on it. You call that teamwork? You even had it as Mana Manager.[/QUOTE]
    Ok just gonna quickly respond to this since a lot of this is flat out wrong. To start an arguement needs multiple people to have one start so you can't blame them on one person. I never said I was the victim as posted before I posted this thread to give a view in some of the less favorable parts of being staff. I never mentioned names if I was complaining to people unless if I was talking about it to my gf. Also about the ragge thing I wasn't someone who said it I was just around people who said that a ton. My problem with ragge is when he constantly tried to talk down to me which I stated to him multiple times. As for accusing a tmod of abusing I'm guessing you're talking about ragge getting over 20t in 1 day like of course that's going to raise some eyebrows it doesn't really make sense. Also I tested the original ma and mana and I would've tested more but I was busy bassically the entire main testing period because of the fact that I had a programming competition coming up. Like I had a small time I could test and I tested what I could. Also you really should not be talking about prison reset when you were barely there for it. Preparing for prison reset took forever for us to get a proper foothold (like over 4 months just to get concepts) meanwhile you only showed up after everything was there. Also you had 2 mistakes there. First that I didn't let anyone work on mana as rev was working on it with me since I speccifically wanted the system to be more understood by others BEFORE I make it public and second because of your bad choices as admins you gave up 2 updates which were going to be posted the day or the day after you demoted me and an update I had planned for a future reset (since it wouldn't work without a new season). Also if you actually read the chats I was constantly saying that I was looking for new abilities since the idea of mana was introduced but I obviously had no teamwork. Also I had the mana manager thing as first off a meme and second off I was by far the most qualified to handle that at the time. Also what you fail to realize is that I couldn't add a ton to mana until I saw how it was recieved and being used before I could add anything. Also the demotion warning was a joke like seriously that just made me disrespect the team if anything.

10. Jamie

"Ok just gonna quickly respond to this since a lot of this is flat out wrong. To start an argument needs multiple people to have one start so you can't blame them on one person." an argument doesn't need a whole group of people to start one lol.

" Also you really should not be talking about prison reset when you were barely there for it. Preparing for prison reset took forever for us to get a proper foothold (like over 4 months just to get concepts) meanwhile you only showed up after everything was there."

I was there for the prison reset lol, I was the one doing the warzone activities configs, supply drop, koth, ctf, you name it, even did Mob Arena Code and some other code, ask others that worked on the prison reset, so don't try and say I did nothing for the reset lol . As a team we were making sure everyone gets done, and how did that turn out? a prison reset going well even if it was delayed due to the map not being done.

11. TheAgeOfDragons

Paladin

I'm saying you were there more near the end when everything had a base idea at least compared to the begining which was a dumbster fire. I wasn't saying you did nothing I was saying you were not there for long at all.

12. FrenchSheep

FrenchSheep Ex-Staff

You blamed me for everything on Prison being buggy and me not testing enough. I told you why and you said that that wasn't an excuse. You can blame me for some things that didn't work out how I wanted them to but you can't blame me for not testing since I was moving out while the main testing period was going. The only thing I did while I was moving was finishing some stuff.

13. Jamie

I was still looking in the channel, putting in some feedback when there were discussions

14. TheAgeOfDragons

Paladin

I went after you for the things you made not everything.
    Most of the discussion was handled in discord to start

15. justlol

Deity SkyLord Paladin

you tend to exaggerate things most times, so chill with the hyperbole.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Stitchie2

Stitchie2 Well-Known Member

Disturbing? Am i understanding this right, you "rode" him as an NPC in minecraft and for that you apologized?
    wtf LUL what is this soyboy community
    You know im pretty sure nobody works as a team in there considering there is zero communication between staff. COUNTLESS times in the past and through the whole time before prison resets i have communicated with multiple people, basically everyone that had any kind of impact on prison s5 and while one person knew one thing, nobody else did. I practically had to constantly update people under each other because it seems like nobody communicated anything of what they are doing. And thats definitely not just dragons but everyone i've talked to. You definitely can't blame only dragons for this and i understand his decision to rather not let the incompetence known as the generic staff team work on his system. If there was any kind of teamwork AT ALL in the staff it wouldn't take half a year for a prison reset. I heard COUNTLESS times how the communication between josh and showbiz completly stopped for sometimes weeks. Clearly josh wasn't communicating anything when it comes to his buildings. What dragons did is a sad reflection on what every higher up does. Actually working as a team you could have finished the prison reset in 1/4 of the time. For months you did nothing but just fish around for concepts that in the end mostly came from me because i just suggested 3000 things until one finally got accepted. You definitely lost half your playerbase in this pointless downtime. Before your goddamn higher ups change their mentality, especially josh, you have no right to talk about teamwork. Josh was the main reason prison took so long and i doubt he let anyone but himself build stuff but i don't see him getting demoted. The management in general is just braindead, you plan this prison reset for 6 months and what about the playerbase? Did you seriously expect people to just stay on prison? No advertising, no rewards for top players, it feels like you just reset it and then stopped caring about it. If you lose the prison playerbase right at the start, you can't get it back. Its a competitive driven gamemode and nobody will join in suddenly 1 month again after quitting for a stupid update. With the fact that 1/3 of the players are bots its practically obvious that you care more about your staff role than about the server itself. Most staff just do the bare minimum to keep their staff role.
    Skyblock is the only thing left that has a playerbase kinda but you will ruin that aswell. I've said it before but you NEED someone to actually beta test things. Ik you hate me but i have beta tested in s4 and found the most major bugs and atleast 10 bugs at the start of prison s5.. (Including the fact that i just can tell if one feature is just pointless and needs to be reworked lmao) Ik you won't let me beta test but theres honestly not many people competent enough to actually do indepth testing. Even tho i quit prison because its dead i'd still like to help with skyblock but its pretty hard when the focus groups are all dead and there has been no effort to revive it. Just look at what you made wrong on prison reset and skyblock reset might actually be good (but i doubt thats happening)
    --- Double Post Merged, May 3, 2019 ---
    You realize a well prison reset needs to not die after 1 week and you clearly failed that so in fact its not "well".

17. GoatPig940

GoatPig940 Legendary

Yes, because skyblock and prisons get tons of updates !! Definitely !!

* Obviously get more than KitPVP, but then again, you can’t really have weekly updates on kit.

Clans. Stop whining about clans. Who didn’t play clans, resulting in its removal? The players. Who made the clans reset ? The players. It’s the playerbase who got clans removed.

KitPVP is full of constant hackers and unless there is a YouTuber that’s going to play it, there is no way it will keep a playerbase. Working on Kit or even clans, even though it was removed, will not alone gain the server permanent players. They may stay for a week for reset, but majority of the staff team are incapable of banning blatant cheaters, meaning players are quickly going to leave the server.

18. Jamie

Sorry, what? You have no idea what's going on in slack, and stop acting like you know everything that's going on in the staff team. Stop butting in.

19. Stitchie2

Stitchie2 Well-Known Member

Lmao, srsly? I have common sense. Multiple staff have told me what is going on in slack and you don't need to be ridiculously smart to put the pieces together for the whole image. Including this thread from dragons which just reflects what i expected. Its more than obvious to see who does something and who doesn't and who works as a team. Seriously, what do you think you are? Do you seriously think what you do is hidden and unpredictable? There are so many staff that left the staff team and told me their whole experience. Sorry but ure just ignorant and ignoring the problems, the criticism i gave you is based on what staff that resigned told me and not even from my interpretation. But what am i saying... see you on the Skyblock reset, that will take how much longer? You surely had enough time so it should be right around the corner, right? Oh wait its gonna take another 3 months knowing the staff team.

#39 Stitchie2, May 3, 2019
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
  20. Jamie

I'm not ignorant or ignoring anything, I was just saying facts. and skyblock reset is in process

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.