An honest depiction of the current staff team

Discussion in 'Global Discussion' started by TheAgeOfDragons, May 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAgeOfDragons

Paladin

So I've been planning this thread ever since my demotion since there have been a lot of things I want to say about the current staff team but have been unable to due to my position in that team. This thread will probably be one of my last posts on forums and this thread might be locked for controversy or starting hate or whatever.
    My overall goal of this thread is to show the not so great parts about being staff and how you can legitimately do a better job than the overwhelming majority of people and get nothing for it. Also it's to show people actually applying to be staff to know how bad it can be.
    (All of the things mentioned in this thread were from when I regained staff)

1. To start the staff team for prison has no idea how to handle resets and overall just wing it. (main reason why season 4 was so bad). Like legitimately people sometimes do nothing for the reset except test or make mines at the very end and act like they did everything for the reset (not saying names but you can guess who those people are)

2. Another thing is that when working on resets (or updates in general) you run the chance of stating an opinion like in this case I say "I think we should make mines reset faster" and then as a response you can get yelled at, cursed at, and even given death threats and when the situation is over YOU get yelled at for starting the argument when literally all you did was state an opinion.

3. Also going on the staff team's faulty evidence in a legitimate case when admins were talking to me they held evidence from when I wasn't even staff (this was MONTHS after I had gotten staff) and used that as an argument against me and the best part of it was that what I said was something that was rude at best. Not even something that is against the rules.

4. Another thing to mention is that the staff team has MULTIPLE specific lists on what they need to do in terms of punishments and I can say that barely any staff members actually listen to it. Like seriously sometimes staff members just guess even though they have so many resources available to them.

5. Also speaking of staff members the staff team entourages that you go after other staff members to try and get them demoted. Legitimately if you go to the admins with the SMALLEST of things then you will get yelled at for it. Not even mentioning the fact that before they started doing that they had a strike system where if you got a strike you had absolutely no way of knowing that you earned one except randomly finding out. Like for real your staff career used to be dependent on something that you weren't even told about it. And the basic rules of the system that they created weren't even followed ONCE.

6. One of the biggest problems in the staff team is that there is no objectivity when it comes to anything. Everything is purely subjective when it comes to handling staff manners. One of the main examples of this is with a staff member who was known for Swearing at others in and out of game, Spamming people on a daily basis (overall hurting the speed of resets), and Starting arguments over you simply saying 1 thing to them got promoted meanwhile people who haven't done anything to hurt anyone haven't gotten promoted in months.

7. Also probably my favorite thing is that staff members would leave and blame them leaving on 1 person. Even if that argument has literally no merit the staff team will hold it against the person as if it was a life or death thing. Like this goes on the whole targeting problem and even though you literally left the team to do that you can still make someone look like a genuine jerk just by going after someone you don't like when you leave. The best part is that someone on the team probably wouldn't have their current position if one person spoke out on how much that 1 person made they miserable.

8. Something else to mention is that you can do literally the best job possible but if the staff team doesn't like you then you are just screwed. This is the main point where bias clears everything within the team and you can do the best job possible but still get yelled at/demoted. Like how they demoted me when I had 3 update features planned meanwhile the entire rest of the staff team working together had 1 update planned and 1 small thing that wouldn't change anything on the server (and would take forever to come out).

Overall if you really care about the server the best way you can help is just by suggestions as the current staff team is just terrible (not all of the staff team but the majority of people with power). Going through the staffing process isn't worth what you get in return. Like why would you work on something for months on end just to have multiple sr.mods+ curse you out. Then find out that someone blamed leaving on you making you look awful. I was going to actually help the team after I left but after multiple people heard all the dumb things that have happened while I was staff they all told me to not help the server and that the server doesn't deserve it at all. Which at this point I agree with.

tldr: Don't join the staff team

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. CurryOverMJ

CurryOverMJ Popular

thanks for being one of the few actual good and useful staff that worked on the prison reset

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  3. WeChanDoIt

Phantom Novice Miner

Wow. Thank you for being a staff member that cared to and worked on the prison reset. I don’t really see suggestions doing anything for the server though, it’s probably just me but literally no one has suggested anything useful to the skyblock thing in a while and barely anything there has been implemented in an update

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. TheAgeOfDragons

Paladin

Use forum suggestions instead of the focus groups since if you use forums then those don't have the chance of being lost due to other messages coming in and there SHOULD be at least 1 staff member bringing those up. But I do agree with you on how as it stands players have no really good way of making suggestions.

5. CurryOverMJ

CurryOverMJ Popular

i remember saying that there was no real way to suggest anything before. and the staff clowned me for saying that. I knew I wasn't wrong. and yes, i still believe your opinion has 0 value if you aren't staff and even if you become one it doesn't guarantee you will matter and i am glad you further proved my point.

6. TheAgeOfDragons

Paladin

Your opinion doesn't have 0 value it just has a WAY smaller value unless if you know a staff member personally

7. Stitchie2

Stitchie2 Well-Known Member

woah but mik3y said you are wrong FAKE NEWS!!

8. Ganked

Ganked Regular Member

drama poggers pointless thread poggers

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. TheAgeOfDragons

Paladin

Mik3y wasn't even here when 90% of these things happened

10. cookehxd

SkyLord Supreme Paladin

l m a o o o o

11. rebuffed_

Phantom

Thank you for being a good mod for when you were on here. I just have to say, that you were always nice to me, even if you don'y remember, you helped me out.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. FrenchSheep

FrenchSheep Ex-Staff

The thing is dragons, the update ideas you had you never mentioned them in the prison management chat and never told us anything about YOUR plans. You would start freaking out when someone mentioned anything with mana. We were supposed to work as a team, and mention ideas we have to the others, not stay in our corner doing stuff that no one knows you are doing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. cookehxd

SkyLord Supreme Paladin

the plot thickens

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. TheAgeOfDragons

Paladin

Actually I was planning on saying things when I actually got a base for them (which was mentioned WAYY to many times in prison management) and I said for you to go away from mana since you didn't fully understand the system and I specifically asked rev to help with it because of the fact that he had a more in depth understanding of it. For balancing reasons if I had it open to the public staff team at the time it would've been completely broken and the funny thing is I was working on a doc for it so everyone could understand it the day of my demotion which was even mentioned to the admins multiple times. That doc would've been most likely finished that day or the day after too. Also if we are really talking about people having stuff in the corner how about we mention when people were willing to help with ma and you never got back to a single person.

15. Ganked

Ganked Regular Member

THE PLOT POGU

16. FrenchSheep

FrenchSheep Ex-Staff

If someone mentioned anything about ma I took it into consideration and if I didn’t think it would fit, i said I didn’t like it. I never ever said that no one should not talk about ma or any features I made.

For the things you mentioned before, I didn’t know, but thanks for you explaining it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. TheAgeOfDragons

Paladin

I'm talking about when people were willing to help with rewards (something that you asked for help with) then just never responded to anyone.

18. SimonLoL

Deity SkyLord Novice Paladin

imagine beefing over a block game forum page el em aye oh

• Winner Winner x 3
  19. ItsAlfie

ItsAlfie Well-known Member
    Trainee Paladin

Agree with some of this but you had it coming a long time .. I think that there are more who need to go too.

In regards to your first point, that’s not totally true. Things have just been oddly organised due to the coming and going of Loki (and in season 4 futur).

It’s pretty pathetic how you blame every problem on someone else..

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. mik3yftw

mik3yftw Retired Administrator

You mention one thing which I called out for being wrong, chu mad at?

I can only speak for the portion that I saw while being back and it was unfortunate it had to turn out like it did, it wasn't a vendetta against you or anyone else but you can only receive so many warnings without repercussions. We're truly thankful & grateful for the hard work you put into Prisons reset and not one of us are wanting to steal your credit for mana etc. Like Sheep said, a lot of your ideas which you mentioned about having above never got relayed to anyone else you kept everything to yourself. You were part of the staff team with team being the operative word. Would have been awesome if you actually spoke about said ideas instead of keeping them private, together we could have smashed it!

We may have had a few disagreements but overall I have no bad feelings towards you, you're a genuinely nice lad & I don't think I said this to you when I had the chance but I wish you all the best for your future.

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.